Real Madrid new signing Thibaut Courtois says joining Real Madrid from Chelsea was the culmination of a lifetime dream.

Keylor Navas says he is ready to fight for the No 1 jersey at Real Madrid despite the confirmation of Thibaut Courtois’ signing.

Chelsea new boy Kepa Arrizabalaga has penned a letter to Athletic Bilbao supporters to explain his decision to move to Premier League giants Chelsea.

Reports coming from Spain indicates that Catalan giants FC Barcelona have transfer listed seven first-team players including wantaway midfielder Andre Gomes, according to a report in Marca.

The Spanish FA have confirmed the Spanish Supercopa between Barcelona and Sevilla will be contested by a single match.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid are reportedly in disagreement over how he will leave the club for Juventus.

A change in format will see the competition feature 16 clubs and from from odd-numbered years to match the European calendar
 
On Wednesday Conmebol confirmed a change in the format of the Copa America. 
 
From 2019, the tournament will have 16 nations with six guests invited to join the South America contingent of 10. Spain are likely to be one of the nations invited.
 
The decision follows a request from the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF). The competition, which will be held in Brazil, will feature all 10 Conmebol nations: Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela. They will be joined by six other teams.
 
As in recent previous editions of the tournament, the majority of those invited are likely to come from North America and Asia.
 
However, media in Spain is are reporting that a host of European nations are in contention to make a Copa America debut, including Italy, France and Portugal.
 
In addition, Copa America 2019 will be the last to be held in an odd-numbered year. 
 
The South American confederation want the tournament to be played in even-numbered years, which would see the calendar shift to match that in operation in Europe.
 
In 2020, a competition in the United States, similar to last year's Copa América Centenario, will be held in order to transition the change of calendar, and later tournaments will then be played every four years from that date.
 
Atletico Madrid are hoping to pip Chelsea to the signing of Vitolo by loaning him out to Las Palmas until January.
 
Atletico and Chelsea are interested in the Sevilla winger this summer and they can sign him if they meet his £35m release-clause.
 
However, Atletico's pursuit of the Spaniard had looked unlikely given the fact they are banned by FIFA from registering new players until January.
 
That means Vitolo would be unable to play for the Spanish side for the first half of the season and it is a situation that put Arsenal-bound Alexandre Lacazette off joining the club.
 
But, Atletico are ready to get round the issue by instantly loaning Vitolo to Las Palmas until January.
 
Las Palmas sporting director Toni Cruz, explained to reporters in Spain: "The president has come to an agreement so that if Vitolo does join Atletico de Madrid, he will join UD Las Palmas on loan until January."
 
Las Palmas are Vitolo's boyhood club and he came through the ranks there before joining Sevilla in 2013.
 
As a result, the 27-year-old is behind Atletico's plan and has given it his full support
 
Barcelona officially presented Ernesto Valverde as their new coach on Thursday and he gave his first press conference as the man in charge of the Blaugrana, discussing his plans to develop the club's playing style.
His predecessor Luis Enrique was often criticised for introducing a more direct way of playing, but the new man in charge has vowed to play in the manner the supporters crave. 
"I know that all of the other [Barcelona] coaches have worked with one common style," he told the media."The supporters know about it when they go to see their team, so I will have to adapt.
"My plan is to deepen style, to turn it around again and to keep advancing."I will have a great squad, from the main player, which is Lionel Messi, to all the others."
Speaking about the expectation and the responsibility of coaching one of Europe's top clubs, Valverde insisted that he was aware of the grand scale of the task ahead of him."I know that the demands are very high and I am aware of the pressure I'm under because the bar has been set so high by my predecessors," he said."That makes the challenge I have in front of me even greater.
"I [and the supporters] have to be united in the good and in the bad moments."Football is about creating emotions and we hope to do that
."He also touched upon his departure from Athletic Club and didn't hide the fact that he considers the Basque side 'his' team. "I come from what was my lifelong club, which is something I must admit," the 53-year-old said
"It is an example of everybody compromising in a certain way."It was difficult to take the decision [to leave Bilbao] after four years there."I would now like to also have these links with Barcelona and it could be one of the keys to help us achieve everything possible."
Valverde has signed on a two-year deal and has already been busy with transfer moves at the catalan club
 
Atletico Madrid will not be able to sign new players this summer as their transfer ban has been upheld by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
 
The Spanish side were banned in July 2016 from registering players for two transfer windows for breaching Fifa rules over the signing of minors.
 
"This ruling is unfair and causes an irreparable damage to our club," said Atletico in a statement.
 
In December, Real Madrid had their ban for the same offence halved on appeal.
 
Atletico added that the decision amounts to "comparative disadvantage and discriminatory treatment" of the club, given rivals Real will now be able to sign players in the transfer window that starts on 1 July.
 
Cas have reduced Atletico's fine from 900,000 Swiss Francs (£719,793) to 550,000 (£439,873).
 
Champions League semi-finalists Atletico said they had "full confidence" in their current squad and were determined to continue "competing at the same level next season", having finished third behind Real and Barcelona in La Liga.
 
Atletico forward Antoine Griezmann, 26, has been linked with a move to Manchester United this summer., but BBC Sport understands the Red Devils have now cooled their interest in the France international.
 
Fifa's investigation concerned players aged under 18 who played in competitions for Atletico between 2007 and 2014, and Real from 2005-2014.
 
The world governing body initially ruled on the case in January 2016, but both clubs were able to sign players last summer after appealing against the decision to Fifa.
 
The two sides then went to Cas after those appeals were rejected, with Real Madrid's suspension subsequently reduced to cover just the recent January transfer window.
 
Cas' decision was due to be released on Wednesday but was delayed until Thursday, which Altetico said showed a "lack of respect" to the club.
 
Atletico will be allowed to register new players again from 1 January 2018.

 

Page 1 of 2

Contact Us

Finalwhistleghana.com

P. O. Box T9, Taifa-Accra

Ghana, West Africa

 

t: +233 (0)30 397 1322
t: +233 (0)27 439 0500

e: info@finalwhistleghana.com